Pages

Friday 23 June 2017

Matariki Art

Today we were learning to draw some Maori inspired patterns so that we can decorate a star for Matariki. Here is what the students of Room 2 said:
Abdifatah: we are learning about Maori patterns
Aryan: patterns are made of different things and they repeat
Ehmarze: we drew Maori patterns and we copied them
Hameed: I learnt to do the curvy lines inside the waves 
Jesse: we learnt to do the waves pattern
Kapi: I learnt about Matariki 
Lukman: I learnt about doing the triangles
Merion: Matariki is special because it's the Maori New Year
Molly: I learnt about drawing the patterns and making all the patterns
Samu: patterns - I like them
Rosa: I was learning to make Maori patterns 
Tauni: I was learning about the 7 stars and Matariki
Valentino: I learnt about Matariki and doing the Maori patterns





































10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Room 2,
    My name is Marley as you already might know i'm just going to say that it looks like you had lots of fun! I wonder what kind of patterns you all did! Its also so good that you are learning more about matariki.
    By yours sincerely friend Marley. (By the way can you share this with the class that would be nice)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning room 2
    My name is Francis as you know I am from room 14 I'm just gonna say on the pictures that you room 2 posted looks like you children's must have had a lot of fun at stardom.And I hope you guys learned a lot about Matariki And a I wonder what kind of patterns you guys did I hope Its great I meant it is great because I saw some of your patterns on the pictures you posted up I would like to see more about other blogs to.
    By your sincerely Francis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kia Ora Room 2,
    Room 2 I beet you have been learning lots about Matariki.
    And I really like your stars, there nearly better then ours.
    Kind regards Lorilei

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Room 2
    I really like your matariki art that you guys did. You guys did a really good job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Room Two,
    I love how guys did matariki designs.
    Yours sincerely,
    Abdul

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Room 2,
    I love how you are learning about matariki star. I really like your matariki art that you guys did. You guys did a great job.

    ReplyDelete